Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Prayers for Cec

I'm asking for prayers for my aunt Cecelia, who had surgery on Monday. She went in for what I thought was testing, (breakdown in the family grapevine) but was actually surgery for a growth in or on her liver. While I don't have complete details, I do know that during surgery an artery was nicked, and she had some serious issues before they got her stable. I do know that she is back in a regular room, and recovering, but is in a lot of pain.

While I don't know all the details, I do know this....prayer is powerful, and I'm asking for your prayers for a speedy and complete recovery and for all to be we
ll so she can be home with her family for Thanksgiving. I will keep you posted....and thanks for your faithful prayers.

***SEE UPDATES BELOW!***** I WILL CONTINUE TO ADD THEM AS I GET THEM

Update:
From Rachel--Cec's youngest daughter-
I talked to Mom this morning. Dad is going to be spending the day with her. She was sitting up in her chair, but is still having a lot of incisional pain (which is to be expected). The pain medication causes a lot of things to slow down. As soon as her bowels start working better, she will be allowed to start eating. They need to make sure she does not have any blockages first. They did take an x-ray of her abdomen (at 3:00 am!!!) which did not show anything wrong.

From Sarah--Cec's oldest daughter--
I waited last night at the hospital until the doctor made rounds so I could see how he thought mom was doing. Of course his reply was "fine". I was concerned because her eyes had a yellow cast to them, but he assured me that her blood tests are showing that her liver is functioning fine. After he walked out of the door she vomited a lot of bile so I went to find him so that he could see it. He then checked her incision and stomach and ordered a STAT x-ray. This was at 6pm. The x-ray did not take place until 3am, so I would hate to see something that was not STAT!!!! The doctor said this morning the x-ray looked normal. They were taking out her catheter and hoping to get her up and about more. She was sitting in the chair at 10am
when Rachel called because they want to get some bowel function going to make sure the liver bile duct is functioning. She is running a low grade fever this morning and still has her central line in for the blood draws. She has headaches, but I think it is also from not having her coffee. Her pain medication is very strong and makes her sleepy. She just has a lot of incision pain right now since it is very large and clear across her belly. She still is not allowed food or drink as of the doctors orders this morning. I will post again after I get a report when dad gets home or I call her tonight, but she is at least feeling a little better.....Thank you for the prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, mom gets a real special place on the blog!!! You are such a wonderful person reaching out to everyone asking for prayer for her. It was a frightful Monday once we sat back and realized that we almost lost her for a minute and that had God not been the miracle worker that he is than who knows what would of been. This has been much more of an ordeal for her than was anticipated in the beginning, but it is all working out. Thank everyone who is praying. Love- Sarah