Friday, November 9, 2007

Girls Night Out

Bless our guys! Tracey & I were able to get out last night for a nice evening. Granted, we spent it shopping for our families, but it was still time out, time to visit, and time to get things done without the distractions of "Mom, look at this!", "Mom, can we have this cereal?", "Mom, how much money is in my checking account?" "Mom, can we go to the toys?", you know the shopping routine when you go with kids--and I only have two, not five!!

I left home a bit after 5, after Bill gave me a jump on a dead battery. We assumed the kids had been in the car playing after cleaning it out, and left a light on. I picked up Tracey, and we headed to Shari's for a nice supper--quiet, lots of visiting, and complete conversations! We then headed to the dollar store, where we did a lot of perusing the aisles, and enjoying each other's company. After the dollar store, we headed to Walmart, where we both had a good list of items to get. Three of Tracey & Sean's girls are going to school next week, and the list that is required for them to attend is incredible! Two reams of copy paper? 48 Pencils? Two boxes of facial tissue? Two 3" ring binders? It seems they were supplying the teacher as well as the children. We made it through the list, it taking both of us to decipher some of what they needed. I was grateful for my days in school when all I carried was my "show & tell" item!

We finally made it out of Wal-Mart around 11 (yes, 11), and loaded up the truck, got in, dead battery again. Thankfully I had put the jumper cables in the truck. A kind man (he looked like Santa) was parked next to us in an empty parking lot, who gave us a jump. Tracey & I made a fine team, as I was getting cables out of the back, she was popping the hood. I hooked up the cables, then started the truck, she unhooked part of the cables, I did the other half, and in less than 3 minutes we were back on the road! Our guys would have been proud, and pleased that we didn't have to call them, as both were in bed when we got home!! God was watching over us! I guess a trip to Les Schwab is in order this morning to check out a battery!

We are headed to the Portland Trailer show this weekend....watch for fun Brooklyn & Jason pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

The O'Haras said...

What a fun evening indeed!!! I really enjoyed having a night out and just visiting. I also appreciated your help at Walmart with my long list of school supplies! Having two looking for items sure made it easier. Sean suggested tonight that we should do it every Thursday and I said I would spend too much. :) So he said at least twice a month! Thanks again for enjoying the simple Mom pleasure of shopping without kids!