Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Happenings


Kristin & her Big Papa--the reason this whole trip came together


Some serious talks...amazingly, he can hear most of what she says...
of course, two blocks over hears most of what she says (sorry Kristin, couldn't help it!)

Ryan giving his sister a ride....


Kristin is needing some lessons...apparently her brother wouldn't help her..
however, she didn't give up. I think she needs some lessons from
Uncle Mike, Brady or Eric!!

The kids have been in Ohio the last few days....Mom put some shots on the family website, and I know many of you don't have access or visit there....so I copied them, and put them here...thanks Mom, for taking some very candid shots!

R&K are back in MI tonight, and heading to Lansing with Todd, Erika and Abigail tomorrow. Saturday they return to Taylor, and then fly home on Sunday morning....both Bill & I are ready to have them home.

Bill & I are working on Ryan's room now. His closet is patched and painted, and we picked up his organizer pieces tonight. We were hesitant to buy for both closets without having put one in before...but customizing your own and buying separate pieces is the way to go. Not necessarily cheaper, but more to you liking. I will spend the day in there tomorrow going through and organizing Ryan's room (You should have cleaned Ryan...hahahahaha)--as I did for Kristin. They will both have a clean slate when they get home, and it will be much easier up keep.

Bill & I met Harry & Flo (our camphost friends from Washburne and adopted family) for lunch in Corvallis today. They are doing great, and it was wonderful to see them & visit for an hour or so. After that, I dropped Bill at work, and then headed over to Home Depot to get Ryan's closet pieces--then I went to check out the new Michael's. Very nice, and I spent an hour and 15 minutes wandering the craft aisles. I found a few birthday gifts for a crafty friend of mine, some Christmas items to paint, and a birthday gift for a great little friend. After I headed over to pick up Bill--as two and half hours passed quickly. We then headed to Eugene to the Dentist, me to work, and Bill had a cleaning. Poor guy has sure had his share of Dr/Dentist/testing this last few weeks. He said to a friend tonight "I'm falling apart"!!!! Thankfully, he has lots of "glue" friends that keep patching him back together.


No comments: