Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Full Week

It's been one full week since the kids left. I haven't cried in three days now!!! The truth is, I've been so busy this last few days I haven't had time to think much about it! I've had lots of "projects" while I have uninterrupted days! Other than getting Bill's lunch packed and working for Joe, I've been working on those things that I never get to. Bill & I have been working in Kristin's room--repainting, redoing woodwork, and working on closet organization! We emptied her room, and will put it back piece by piece. During the day, I've been able to get through all my books and organize those. I have those that I use for Science & History for the homeschool group organized, and am now going to work on cataloging them so I can put them in the office. Next I have all the kids home school books sorted, and am prepping for their start up in a few weeks. It will be a challenge this year, as Ryan & I will be working side by side in math...yikes!! Stuff I don't remember (or more likely didn't want to remember). I've also been able to organize things for our homeschool group meetings and get things together for our return this fall. Where did summer go??

The kids are having a blast. They passed off from Grandma & Papa Richards (and Aunt Beth & Aunt Karen) to my brother's on Tuesday night. He left for Mexico Wednesday AM, but the kids stayed overnight and had a blast...so much that Ryan stayed a 2nd night, while Kristin went back to Grandma Eyie's to sort through piles of clothing that Erica left her. She was in "girl" heaven! Ryan came back to my folks today to get his clothes washed, and packed and they are off to Ohio tomorrow AM...where they will spend a few days with my grandparents, then head to PA where they will visit with family there, and then to the lake for a day or two of fun..before they head back to MI to get passed off to Todd, Erika and Abigail for a few days. Its been a whirlwind for them, but they are having fun doing a few days here and a few days there. No one feels like they get them much...my folks will see them as they transport them from post to post in Ohio & PA...but they;d have to be there 12 weeks to get everyone in for more than a day or two!! I would never survive.....or, get used to them not being here and not want them back! Haha...just kidding...

Here's a shot of Kristin's pepto room.....
And the newly emptied and painted closet--awaiting shelving and doors!
Notice her bedroom door is gone...no more slamming!! We're hanging a curtain and adding to her hippie beads.....
JUST KIDDING KRISTIN!! LOVE YOU!
Stay tuned for updates!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! Miss you guys!