Sunday, August 24, 2008

One More Week

The last few days have been busy. We had a full day on Friday in Corvallis with errands, and Bill's Dr. Appt. He has been on the Topamax for a month now, and his headaches seem to have reduced some. Those that he's had this month have been much less intense, and for this we are thankful. We are praying the treatment continues to work for him as he goes on full dosage this week.

The kids have one week left in Ohio/Michigan. They will head to MI from OH on Wed afternoon, and Thursday morning head to Lansing area with Bill's cousin Erika & husband Todd...along with Abigail....the kids are excited! I'm getting anxious to have them home. Two weeks and two days is a long time....but the kids have done really well.

We've been working in Kristin's room. It's been more of a job than we thought, with all the "STUFF" she has!! We're not going to show you any more progress because we want her to be surprised with her new look in her room. All we're going to say is that pepto pink is still there as you've seen....and we've re-arranged her room, and did decide to put the door back on, because she likes her music loud. A curtain & hippie beads aren't going to cut it for us!! We also hung Miss Millie's pictures properly. They look like they were custom painted for her room. Miss Millie would be happy.

The kids are having fun in Ohio. Kristin is at my grandparents...Big Papa & Big Grandma (Ryan gave them this name at the Grand Canyon when he was two because he didn't want to say "Great"--so they've been known as Big Papa & Big Grandma Eyie ever since!)--and Kristin has been eating out of their garden daily....fresh tomatoes, string beans, corn & green peppers! She told me she must have eaten 30 cherry tomatoes, lots of beans, corn with her supper, and a whole green pepper for dessert!!! She is in HEAVEN!! I guess we will have to let her put her own plot in next summer, since she is big enough to take care of a small garden if we put it near the house so the deer don't get it all. Big papa set her up with seeds to start next year. She has had fun just hanging out. When I asked if she were bored...she said "oh no--being quiet is when I get to hear stories"!! It has truly been a blessing to her to be there with my grandparents--and I'm sure it has been for him & my grandmother as well.

Now...a funny story...and Grandma B, please don't be mad with Kristin. As long as I've baked snickerdoodles with Grams recipe, they've never tasted like hers....Grams are the best....flat & chewy...always perfect. Mine are always puffy and while we manage to eat them...no chewy ones...no flat ones! SO....I told Kristin to watch Big Grandma when they made them....as she must do something different. Kristin calls me in the middle of the day...and says "MOM--get a pen" I asked why she was whispering....she said "I swiped the recipe card--listen up & write this down"! We got a great laugh out of that one...and Kristin felt like a secret spy!!!! She said.."OK got all that Mom?---I have to sneak this back before someone notices it is gone--or they miss me...love you"!! Too funny..

Ryan is with my folks at the lake getting some "fishing & shooting" in. Haven't heard from him since Friday...as they have no cell service there. I'm sure he will call tomorrow as, my folks, Grandparents & kids are all headed to "Cow Country" (What I called PA when I was a city girl...ironic that I live in the "other cow country" now!) to visit my aunt & uncle in Rural Valley PA...(even sounds cowish--doesn't it?!!). I'm jealous....as it was always a favorite place to be when we got a chance to be there. If I only knew I'd live across country....I would have driven to places I could have driven to a lot more!


Here is a picture that Bob got of the kids at the coast guard in Michigan--where his brother Brian got to take the kids on a tour. The kids loved it. (Bob, if you have more pictures, I'd love some) They also enjoyed getting to know Uncle Brian & Aunt Carole..as the kids were way too young to remember them when they last met. Thanks for the tour Uncle Brian!


We will keep you posted on events, and hope that Mom will have time to add a few pictures from Sonny & Erma's visit soon.



No comments: