Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Day


Valentines Day~~  A day that Bill told me when we were dating was a "Hallmark Holiday"!  I loved him then and I love him now...even though we've not really celebrated the holiday.  There have been a few times where he surprised me, and that makes it so much more special because I never expected it.  A new wedding set, for Valentines just before our 15th wedding anniversary....roses one year just because we had a sick kid and he thought I needed a Valentines treat.  BUT this year...my Valentines gift isn't from Bill directly.  Don't get me wrong, he's had a huge part in it, because he has been right here beside me, helping me purchase, pack and support me for this huge trip I'm about to embark on.  I was blessed again today...by a wonderful friend, and her sweet Granddaughter.  It was her time, and her love that clipped my hair for my Uganda trip, and sent me out the door, not accepting a dime.  She said it was her gift to my mission. My heart was swelling as I realized there are so many that have helped in so many different ways.  Yes, the money was a huge part, and more people than I could ever name have helped...so many have supported my individual fund raisers, and our group ones. But what blessed me besides the funds are the other things happening to and around me---My team at work is pulling together to cover the time I will be gone, and picking up the slack.  I've had luggage loaned and donated to me, parts of my wardrobe given and made for me, earrings made especially for me, leggings for under my skirts...to keep mosquito's from bothering me....advice from those that have traveled, donations of items for my fundraisers, and the list goes on and on.  How can I ever repay you for the kindness and love you have shown?   

Your generosity overwhelms me, and collectively as I mentally realized as I left my friends shop, how much help I've had for this trip, I cried all the way to the gas station...where I collected myself to drive home.  You know who you are, you know the part you have played in my journey and I am so thankful.  I had one person tell me that her gift was so "trivial", but I am reminded of the woman who gave two small coins, and even though she thought it was "trivial", it was a true gift, because it came from her heart, she gave when she had almost nothing to give.  So, whether you've helped me collect orders for my fundraisers, sent me funds, loaned or gave me items for my trip, cut my hair, blessed me with gifts you've made for my trip, or just prayed for me to make my goal, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this beautiful Valentine's gift.  I am truly blessed!! 

ONE more week and I am headed on my journey.  This weekend will be packed with getting ready, and finishing up my last minute purchases.  I seek your prayers for me to stay healthy...felt like I had a cold coming on yesterday, but feel much better today.  I will keep you posted on events this week, and of course, on my journey.

Blessings until next time and Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: