Saturday, February 22, 2014

Uganda Bound

What a day….what a night!  I began to panic yesterday as I realized my carry on was 1 1/2” too wide.  We had some running around to do, some last minute packing of the Uganda supplies we are taking with us and  we really wanted to spend some family time together.  Well, we spent family time….but it was in our bedroom while Bill & I totally unpacked my bag, and loaded everything back up military style.  We laughed, I cried, (you know how emotional I can be..) and by 12:30, I was in bed.  I’m almost certain I had just shut my eyes when the alarm went off at 4:30.  

The last day of work was good, and I was pretty emotional from the time I left work until I got home.  This is the first time I’ve been away from home without Bill & kids….let alone out of the county.  We had dinner, packed up the last of my bags, and headed up to the church property to meet the rest of our team. It was an amazing time of prayer  with some of our church family. 

We loaded up and headed to Portland where we thought we were going to get a good night of rest..however, the only shuttle they had left to the airport was 3:20…with a 2:30 wake up call.  So we did what any group would do….the old married couple went to bed…the guys went to bed…and we girls…well, we ordered a couple pizzas…charged our phones, and had some great laughs. 

am-1dani-1s&d-1she

It’s been a day full of emotions…sad, happy, excitement and now tired.  We plan to just staying up now…we will catch up with you on the East coast, or in Israel.  Keep us in your prayers for our next 27 hours of travel!!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are urgently in need of k1dnney D0n0rs with the sum of $450,000.00 USD,If anyone is willing to d0nate,Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@ gmail.com WhatsApp +91 779-583-3215