Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Baby Day



What a fun day! Audrey came to stay today. (Nate & Katie's 5 month old daughter). Her regular sitter had some personal issues so we have her through Friday while her Mommy & Daddy work...so be prepared...lots of Audrey pictures!

Our day started off with Bill & I oversleeping. You know that grog where you can't figure out what day it is, if the clock is right,and WHO turned off the alarm???!!! The first thing I hear this morning was "Sweetheart, is it supposed to be this dark at 6:30?" As I was running through my mind what day it was (hoping it was Saturday), I realized it was Wednesday, and there would be a baby at the door in less than 30 minutes! Yikes!! It all worked fine, I got Bill's lunch packed, I got dressed, and we even had a fire in the wood stove when they arrived. It had gotten pretty cool last night, and the house was chilly.

Both kids were up when they heard Audrey come in. Kristin said she heard the High Heels and knew Katie was here! They were both excited to spend time with Audrey. She was all smiles this morning, and they spent the first half hour watching Sesame Street! Audrey fell asleep, and yet both kids still finished the show. Educational, so I didn't complain!

Kristin helped out by giving Audrey her bottle when she woke after her 2nd cat nap (both 30 minute naps this morning) and as she was burping Audrey, she fell fast asleep...so we left her for another 30 minutes, and Kristin loved the snuggle time (Check out the pictures).

Audrey has gained such a personality in the last few weeks. She is giggling, reaching, smiling, grabbing, playing, and loves to honk your nose!! She also giggles when I tell her that I'm going to get her and kiss those loveable cheeks! So much fun. I am so blessed to have so many cute babies that come to visit. I get my fix, and can snuggle them all!

I spent some time visiting with Tracey in Ukraine. They are having more paperwork issues, and it is becoming taxing on them. Pray for these issues to be resolved, and pray for peace for them. God is good...he will take care of this. We are just asking that it be quickly. (Thanks God!)

After the kids went to swim, Audrey & I had some quiet time. We hung out on the couch, and she took my hand, looked at it...then did the same thing with her hand as I was doing with mine. She would watch her hand, then look back at mine, and we played this game for nearly 15 minutes....Her Mommy & Daddy came to get her, otherwise I wonder how long it would have gone on. We'll have to play again tomorrow. I have two more days of Baby Fun! I am so thankful that her Mommy & Daddy feel comfortable with her here.

Check out the pictures....Have a good day!

No comments: