Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pirate Plundering Party



The Pirates of Ponoka are still in port in Ponoka, Alberta Canada. Today was Tracey's family get together, where grog & slop was brought by all.

Nana was up by 7:30, as was Tracey, working on fresh rolls for the day. I rolled into the galley by 8AM, got coffee going, and started slicing meat, and helping to get the food ready for the upcoming afternoon. Gramps, I thought of you all day, and how you say my blogs are always about food. I made sure I took some pictures for you, so you can see the incredible things that I'm talking about!! I've learned all good gatherings include sharing a meal or dessert!





Guests started arriving earlier than I expected, and since I hadn't done anything besides wash my face, and brush my teeth, I figured I'd better get moving, get dressed and ready for the day. Pirate Alyona wanted her hair curled...so we did that together, and Kristin also had a "do" to be done for the day. For being pirate gals, they still like to pretty up!!




We started with some pictures, and then got busy loading the tables with food. We ended up with two full tables and a counter full of grog & slop!! After setting up the food, more pirates arrived and we all dug in!!

We spent a nice morning/afternoon & evening visiting. There were over 5o people at one point, and the evening was simply family, including Cheryl & Meagan who showed up this afternoon, and will hang with us the rest of this week. We will need to get Meagan inducted into the Pirates of Suburbia!!



It was a fun day..the kids played with a water balloon launcher (purchased with the funds from the return of the guns (four of them have broken now), and it turned out for the best, since all the kids got into the fun with the water balloons!

Plans for church in the morning, and then hopefully, a low key day.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Bill this weekend! We had a good visit! It was a great weekend and good for Bill and Brooklyn's relationship. By the end of the weekend she was sitting on his lap coloring!