Thursday, July 17, 2008

From Port of Ponoka, Alberta to the Port of Invemere, BC

We set sail this AM at 8:30 from Ponoka (AKA Nana & Papa's) and sailed toward Calgary. We arrived at 10:30ish, Tracey & Declan headed to their appointment, and we went to Auntie Cheryl's & Uncle Greg's house. Cheryl drew me a map to the shopping center, and we were off to plunder the mall.



Plans changed and we headed home for lunch, only I missed my merge. Most right turns in Calgary are merges instead of right turns at lights. My mistake got me lost. Thankfully, Cheryl had given me her cell phone, so I phoned her, and she talked me back to the house. Needless to say I was flustered. Thankfully, Greg met me in the kitchen with a Mike's hard lemonade....and it was just what I needed to settle down. I guess this city girl turned country girl just wasn't in "city mode" this morning.

We headed out from Calgary at about 4:30 and had a beautiful drive back through Kootenay National Park, and we stopped for a quick layover and I got some pretty cool pictures. Megan is a girl after my own heart. She took my hand, and led me right to the water to play in. So much fun!!





We arrived in Invermere at about 7:00, stopped & got pizza, then headed to Cheryl & Greg's place. By the time we unloaded it was almost 8, and 8:30 before we had supper.

Greg treated Mom's to 30 minutes of "no kid time"--and said if they needed anything to ask him, and if it was unreasonable, there would be a "smack down". He gave us nice drinks, and then lit some candles, and let us gals visit for quite awhile, while he entertained the kids downstairs watching a movie. There was lots of giggling. I must say, he is a brave man to come along with 3 women and 8 children!!



We got everyone ready for bed, and hit the hay. Thankfully Greg & Cheryl have internet at the house...so I'm able to work & blog....

More pictures tomorrow, as I will be able to take some around here. It's nice to be back in the mountains again!

No comments: