Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day Three--I Need A Nap!



Day three of the O'Hara/Richards sleep over--I wake at 6:30 to poor Alexis with a nose bleed. We get her mopped up, and as I'm cuddling her, I silently pray that she will go back to sleep, and no one else will wake up. (Sorry, selfish on my part!!) Thankfully, I fall back asleep and the next thing I hear is a soft knocking on the door followed by "Can we use the blender"? I look at the clock, it is 8:30--and Bill & I look at each other. "The Blender?" I almost ask what for, and then I figure, what can go wrong with a blender? We give our consent, get dressed, and then head downstairs to Alyona making orange smoothies for everyone. I looked at the kitchen that I didn't rid up after popcorn the night before, took some pictures of the girls, and then headed back up to get dressed, commenting that I'd need to rid up before I made breakfast. Imagine my surprise when coming down just 20 minutes later to find the kitchen not only rid up of the smoothie mess, but the popcorn popper cleaned up, bowls and cups all put in the dishwasher, and the counters all wiped down. Thank You Alyona! Is she for hire?!! I was very happy and told her so!

The morning progressed with finishing a movie that didn't get finished yesterday, and then a late breakfast. The girls then went in different directions, some of them playing a game, some crafting, and the others just hanging out. Later in the morning, we had a "girl" primping party, and did some beauty masks and a few of us did our eye brows. I'm not sure Alyona or Tanya will ever be up for waxing again. Tanya did OK, but Alyona did the SLOW painful pulling of the wax, that really didn't do more than painfully pull the wax off the hair instead of ripping the hair out. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy with my "wax" tactics!!

After our beauty session, Kristin had a birthday party to go to...so I had promised the girls a movie, thinking this would relieve Bill from having to deal with "What can we do now?" "Can you paint with us?" "Will you play a game with us?"!! I dropped Kristin off at her party and headed to Sean & Tracey's to get the boys. Since I stayed with Kristin a bit, because she was uncomfortable for me to leave her, I got to Sean & Tracey's late. Instead of driving back home, spending 15 minutes, and heading back almost to Sean & Tracey's to get Kristin I just stayed and enjoyed the few minutes of quiet. Five girls can do a lot of giggling, screaming (usually for something fun) and just plain make noise.

When it was time to go get Kristin, the boys & I loaded their stuff up, and headed out to pick her up. She was ready to go, and we headed home, unpacked the boys stuff into the girls mess and the chasing, yelling, screaming, and tormenting began. 2 boys + 5 girls = LOTS OF NOISE! Bill looked at me and said "How many more days of this?"!! (Just kidding..he did great--and I even think he had fun watching the pampering party we did today!)

Tanya joined me in the kitchen to help fix supper, and soon Alyona was there offering help too. I gave them jobs (one was for Alyona to make her Russian salad again...I call it that because I can't pronounce it!) while two helped in the kitchen, two emptied the dishwasher, two set the table, and one ran odd jobs. Supper was on the table by 6!! Pretty good for not getting home until 4:30--and having to get everyone settled after a run around the yard during the break of sunshine between raindrops! Once supper was over, dishes done, showers taken, clothes laid out, and beds chosen (it was musical beds, sleeping bags, and couches again tonight!), they were allowed to pick one movie (one boy movie for Ryan & Declan, one movie for the girls and a GUY flick for Bill), and everyone headed to separate rooms. The girls had the living room, the guys had Ryan's room and his portable DVD player and Bill had a laptop in our room with a borrowed movie from Sean -- DieHard4 (or 6..who knows...), which Bill enjoyed. Bill is amazed at how Bruce Willis can be beaten so badly, and still come out on top each time! By 9:30 everyone was headed for bed, teeth brushed, tucked in and I actually sat down,but by 10PM, I had 5 of 7 back in my room. Tanya, Kristin & Alyona were changing their minds on what to wear for church tomorrow....and the boys, of course, had to see what they were missing!! I think it was after 11 by the time the upstairs was quiet. Kim & Alexis were both asleep downstairs on the couches way before 10!

Eleven thirty, we finally hit the shower and head to bed. I figure in order to get out of here by 9:30 for church--we need to start at 8:00AM...it should be interesting to see how well 9 people do in two bathrooms in the morning. You just might find me in the trailer!! Boy will I be ready for that Sunday afternoon nap!!

Enjoy the pictures...and yes, I would do it all again next weekend. They are such a fun bunch of kids to have around...and we sure do love them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite a weekend! I can't wait to try the Russian salad, sounds yummy!

The O'Haras said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Both for the taking the children and for all the pictures! We are blessed richly to have you willing to take our children, to love them as your own and for allowing them to express themselves in your home. Glad you enjoyed the salad. Tonight Alyona wanted to make it again but Alexis was quick to reply, "not again!". We are grateful. Sean and Tracey