Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quiet Sunday

Boy was it quiet around here this afternoon!

We started the morning with Jason at 4am next to my side of the bed in his not so quiet voice "AUNT SHAWNNA I CAN"T FIND MY GRANDMA BLANKET"!!! Oh no--this is a tragedy, because I know where it has gone, into the depths between the wall and the bed. Not an easy task because it is a captains bed with the drawers below...so not easy to move. But Aunt Shawnna is the hero, climbing around in her night gown on the bed trying to get her arm down the side of the bed to retrieve said blanket. (A sorry sight in itself...thankfully, 3yr olds don't care!) If that had not worked (I couldn't move the bed because Kristin was on the floor next to it) I was prepared to steal his sisters, because I knew she didn't care because she had napped without it the day I had to wash her bedding. Thankfully, it hadn't gone all the way down, and we were both tucked back into bed in a short period of time. We need to teach him how to whisper, or tap you before he yells...but you have to love him!

Jason then slept until 7, and Bill & I got up with him. He wanted so badly for the other kids to get up, and couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him wake them. Ryan finally stirred about 8am, and I had to wake Kristin & Brooklyn at 9am for church. I know that Bill & I have reached another stage of child rearing, since I've forgotten how stressful it is to feed, clothe, wash up & brush hair for two small children under 3 in a short amount of time! It was fun to sit Brooklyn on my bathroom counter to do her hair, since I used to love that time with Kristin. We talked about so many things there at different stages of her growing up. Needless to say, Kristin doesn't fit on the counter anymore! Bill helped pack up the kids stuff, and we were actually out the door and to church on time!!

Jen met us for church, and we enjoyed service together. She & the kids were so glad to be back together, but I felt so loved when Brooklyn shared time going back & forth between us during the song time. They are about as close to being my niece and nephew as they could be without being blood....and such a joy to have around.

After church, Jen & the kids went to her Mom & Dad's and we headed home. Everyone pitched in "de-toddlerizing" the house--and in a few minutes there wasn't a trace of a high chair, porta crib, toybox, or fisher price barn!! I laughed when I opened up my e-mail and had this note from my Grandfather, after he obviously read our blog, and seeing that we had Audrie on Monday & Tuesday, and Brooklyn & Jason Thursday-Sunday! He said this..."
Either there is a shortage of child care services in Sweet Home, or your prices are too low. (Ha, Ha) I don't see how you can Home School your two at the same time you are changing Pampers, cutting out paper dolls, changing VCR, giving Taxi Service, etc.". I had a great laugh at this...Thanks Gramps! To be honest, I love having them, and our kids are great to help out. The beauty of home school is "If we don't get it done today, we do it tomorrow!" And yes Gramps...my fees are low...Free to our Oregon Families! The blessings we receive from our chosen families far outweighs any payment I could ever get for taking care of those children that are like our own nieces & nephews.

So in closing, it's been a great week....full of baby fun, fun and fellowship with great friends that God has made our family,and a beautiful day to be in the sunshine. What a gift God has given us. Have a great week!

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the Rest to God.

No comments: