Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Kimberly!



The last few days have been whirlwind! After getting home on Tuesday and unpacking the trailer, doing lots of laundry (it was time to do ALL the bedding in the trailer--including curtains), working in Eugene yesterday, and handling some paperwork in Corvallis in the afternoon--we're all tired! Bill came home a laid down with a headache...and I rushed to get dinner on the table between the time I dropped Ryan off at swim and the time I had to get him. Kristin missed her swim time due to our trip to Corvallis. However, when I stepped out the front door to go to get Ryan, just coming up over the mountains was a beautiful moon....with an eclipse just starting. I called to Kristin to come & look, and we enjoyed it awhile before I realized I'd better go get Ryan! By the time I got back home, there was only a sliver left before the moon was in full eclipse, and very dark. It was one of the neater sights in life. Thanks Lord for making me look up!



Tracey's Pictures
Today, Thursday our little Kim turned 5!! She baked a cake at home with Tracey, and then came to spend the afternoon with us. She & I whipped up some frosting, and she made her cake beautiful! The only part I helped with was the stacking of layers and the writing...which, by the way, the gel frosting for writing does not work so hot!! We then headed back to Lebanon to drop Ryan, Declan & Kristin off to meet Alexis & Tanya from the bus, while I took Kim into the Doctors as Tracey's appointment at the eye doctor with Alyona ran over. Kim & I were chatting on the way to the DR...she was so funny--on the way we were discussing what she had asked for her birthday. Her response was " A real horse and a light up snowman". Well, I did my part!!! She had asked for the light up snowman of us at Alexis' birthday back in December...and she didn't just ask once, she asked several times. So, I did go snowman hunting-- and was able to find one before Christmas and put it away. I wondered if she'd remember, but when I asked today, she had! I'm so happy we went ahead with it. Now I need to get the O'Hara's stock in batteries, since both girls will probably use them as night lights. Now, for the horse...that's out of my league. However, Kim does have it all figured out how she will take care of it. Tie it to the big deck, and let it eat grass!

Things couldn't have worked out more perfectly--as I was signing Kim in at the DR., Tracey pulled into the lot! I took Alyona and headed to the grocery store and then back to Tracey's and we all met up to cook dinner together. Poor Kim has an ear infection and a slightly full lobe in her one lung.....but with antibiotics she should be back on the mend in no time! She was feeling better as the night wore on. !

Tracey & I had fun in the kitchen putting chicken quesadillas together and then feeding everyone before heading out the door to Alexis' art show at her school. It was fun to see her work that she was so proud of, and to enjoy her being so proud to show us around her school. She explained things to us as she led us down the hall to her class.

We returned to Sean & Tracey's to have cake & sing for Kim. Kim had us all laughing as we were waiting while Sean got her present...and told her to close her eyes. She held out her hands so nicely waiting for a small package to be put in her hand...she had no clue it was a bike. It was great to see the look on her face!

It is such a blessing that our families do so well together....all in all, as busy as today was, you'd think we rehearsed it with all that was accomplished! Dr's, dinners, art shows & birthday celebrations...all in one day! Thanks Lord!

Happy 5th Birthday Kim! We love you!




1 comment:

The O'Haras said...

Thanks for sharing a special day with us and helping me out so much that day. I must say again, a wife needs a wife. I could not have pulled that day off without your help. I appreciate so much our ability to work together and your willingness to help! Thanks also for coming to Alexis' museum showing. Hugs.