Monday, February 25, 2008

A Bill & Shawnna Weekend


Depot Bay Sunset



Friday started out like any other "work" day for Bill. What he didn't know is that we (Sean, Tracey & I) concocted a weekend away for Bill & I. After Bill left for work, the busy beavers (Ryan, Kristin & I) got their things packed for the weekend, and then helped me get the rest done. We had the trailer hooked up, the kids clothes packed and were on the road to Tracey & Sean's to drop the kids off. I was then off to HP to pick up Bill, for what he thought was a late lunch. Boy was he surprised when he walked out of the door, and there I was with the trailer!

We headed to South Beach, and intended to hit the Wine & Seafood Festival, but it was PACKED as we drove over the bridge. Knowing how much Bill loves crowds, we opted to head to Depot Bay and have a nice dinner at our favorite place, the Sea Hag. I had a seafood pasta that was more seafood than pasta (Usually not the norm when you order seafood pasta...not so at this place!), and it was wonderful. Bill had Alaska King Crab, and he enjoyed most of it, the rest came home in my seafood pasta leftover box
! The clam chowder there is the best, beating Mo's hands down. We enjoyed an adult dinner, Bill a few drinks, and then we enjoyed the bar tenders playing the liquor bottles to "The Chicken Dance"---something everyone should experience at least once.



Bill's King Crab....as you can see, he enjoyed it!


We headed back to the trailer, and enjoyed an evening of puzzle games, and then enjoyed sleeping in on Saturday morning. The day was beautiful, so we took a walk on the cooper ridge trail at South Beach, it was a great trail, and we'll do it again. There were beautiful views of the Newport Bridge, and me with out my camera. Thankfully, the cell phone bailed me out on Friday night, but this walk, we forgot the phone too! Oh well, we'll be back, and I'll be sure to take my camera!

Saturday afternoon, Tracey called, Kristin had a fever of 102.4--so we did the "should we stay or should we go".....I talked to Kristin, who told me that Tracey was taking good care of here, and although she was crying for her Mom, she told me she was fine, I should stay. I told Tracey I'd check back in two hours after the ibuprofen had time to work and make a call then. The 2nd call, Kristin sounded so much better so we decided to stay, and enjoy our last night out, and head home early on Sunday.

Sunday morning, we were up, torn down, and heading out of the park by 8:10. We arrived at Sean & Tracey's in enough time to pick up kids, and let them get out the door for church. We had the trailer cleaned out, laundry in the house, and were all able to get a nap! Kristin was a rag doll all day, and her fever ranged between 99 and 102 all day. We kept her on fluids, and chicken soup, and she was feeling much better until bedtime....back up to 102. I gave her some Ibuprofen, put her to bed, and this morning, after almost 12 hours with no meds, her temp is normal! Yahoo! Ryan is still going to stay home with her while I head into Homeschool Group to teach about the take over of Fts Henry & Donelson and begin a new chemistry unit. I'm thankful that Ryan is old enough and mature enough to stay home with her and take care of her. I'm also thankful for Sean & Tracey, who gave us a wonderful weekend away--and took great care of our "sickie". Love you guys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend...you deserve it!

The O'Haras said...

It was fun to have them all in our home and it actually went just fine. I felt bad that Kristin wasn't feeling well but at least I knew what to do to take care of her. Glad you two had a bit of time away together!