Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ohio Trip

Bill & I left Michigan about 8:30 and arrived in Salem around 12:30. The weather cleared up after a long rainy morning of driving. We enjoyed pizza and an afternoon of visiting with Grams & Gramps. Bill worked with Gramps in cleaning up his computer, and Grams & I went over lots of old pictures.
The afternoon went quickly and we headed to Cec's for supper and a visit with my Aunt and Uncle, Corysue & Bill.Shawnna, Aunt Cory and Uncle Bill
Aunt Cec made an incredible supper of Meatloaf baked potatoes and garden fresh corn! Uncle Rudy made great brownies for dessert. Sarah & Rex, along with their kids came down as well. She was great in helping with serving, and clean up. Thanks so much Cec, Sarah & Rudy for the great dinner and the ability to just visit. It means so much to us.Sarah & Sarena make funny faces for self portraits!
Cec, Rudy, Bill & I spent the rest of the evening visiting, we picked glass for our front door (Rudy is going to do the stained glass for our side lights and insert in our front door), and had a great time visiting. Aunt Cec & Shawnna
We didn't get to bed until very late, and were up at Hrovatic time to do some more visiting before we left to head North and visit with my other Aunt & Uncle. The dog thought we were insane and preferred to stay in his bed.
Check out some of my Uncle Rudy's handiwork--




This angel is about 3 ft tall....
Spoiled dog....(Nice Quilt, huh Ryan?!!)

On the way to Aunt Dolly & Uncle Dick's, we stopped by my Grandparent's, as I forgot to get pictures. We then headed to Elyria...two hours away. Grams, Gramps & Shawnna Aunt Dolly,Uncle Dick & Bill
Aunt Dolly, Shawnna & Uncle Dick


An extra treat...while at my Aunts, I came across a picture of my grandparents (her parents) that I had never seen before. She is going to have it copied for me.

Helen & Gilbert Timm 1943.

We had a great lunch with Uncle Dick & Aunt Dolly--and then visited for awhile before hitting the road for Michigan.

We were blessed with good weather (except some flooding in Salem) safe travels, and a wonderful opportunity for some good visit time.
Check out the slide show below for both days.

Monday 03-22




Tuesday 03-23

No comments: