Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Praising God...

I should have updated the blog last night, and I apologize. Both Bill & I were exhausted, relieved, and thankful to God for once again protecting us from lay off at HP. Yesterday (the 29th) was the day they went through and did a major layoff. Bill didn't know the exact #, and that may not be known until later this week when everyone has been notified, as I'm sure there were people off on vacation or out sick yesterday. We believe lay offs are finished for this year, but in this economy, who knows?

We want to thank everyone who prayed for us during this difficult few weeks. Your prayers of peace for us were heard. Your prayers to protect us from lay off's were heard. God is SO good!

Ryan and Kristin have both been concerned, and as soon as Ryan heard the news, he hugged me so tight, I thought I would be squeezed to death! I didn't realize how they were worried over this as well. Kristin was funny, as she later said...."Is it OK to ask for a rock tumbler for my birthday now?"

As we pulled in the drive from swim practice, Bill yelled something goofy out the window to Ryan, and he turned to me and said "It's so good to have my Dad back...he's been gone a long time". It's been over 6 weeks since the rumblings of layoffs were mentioned, and 5 since they said they would be notifying everyone on "Monday"--we went through 5 weekends of "Monday"--with no result. Isn't it ironic--40 days of trial?? They say, most trials are over in 40 days. Thankfully, we can sleep again, and we can't say it enough...Praise God!

I'm pretty sure that once my head hit the pillow last night, I slept better than I have in weeks. I am sure the same is true for Bill....other than a few jitters he has for an MRI this morning on his heart. Keep him in prayer, as they do this final test to determine if it is safe for him to dive on our vacation in a few weeks.

Again....thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, your kind words, and those of you close enough, your hugs!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it turned out well again. Can't wait to see you guys again!