Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Storybook Land & Birthday



Tuesday started off with a field trip to Christmas Storybook Land in Albany at the fairgrounds. It was Alexis' birthday, and there was no public school, so we all enjoyed the day together. It had been many years since we had been at this display, and boy had they improved it. It was more than triple the size it was when Ryan was two!

After the Storybook Land, we headed to Burger King to enjoy lunch together. The kids sat at one booth, while the adults (plus Kim) sat at the other booth. It was fun. Tracey & the boys (Declan & Ryan) took off for Declan's archery class in Lebanon while the girls (Margaret, Alyona, Tanya, Kim, Alexis & Kristin) & I headed out to do some shopping at the "Magazina"--Russian for "stores". Margaret & I both had lessons on stores, cars, and Grandma's---as I was certainly saying "Babushka" wrong--it's BAAAAbushka. It was even more funny as Alyona & I were in Costco, and she is trying to help me get the beautiful ly sound in her name that I just can't manipulate with my tongue....as she has my cheeks, going loy--loy---and even writing it doesn't seem to help....and the strange looks we got from one man as we were in the aisle making these weird sounds....it was funny.

We had a lot of fun with the girls, and then headed for home to drop off the girls, pick up Ryan and head home for supper and to get ready to head over for Alexis; party.



We arrived at the O'Hara's and the girls were getting ready to do some beading. They had fun, while the boys played nerf. Since Alexis & I share a special birthday (I'm the 3rd, she's the 4th), I found her a neat snowman. I know it was a hit, since Kimberly asked me if I'd get her one for her birthday in February!!

We had tons of fun....
Tracey was kind enough to share her pictures, not only of this morning's events, but of this evenings party for Alexis....check them out....I hope she doesn't have them copyrighted!!


No comments: