Friday, October 7, 2011

Football and Photography


Thursday (Oct 6) was one of Ryan's football games, and also Kristin's first photography class through 4-H. I headed to the game, while Bill went to pick up Kristin.
I arrived at the field just as the guys were coming out of the locker room. Ryan was chosen to be one of the captains for this game. He was pretty proud. I had no idea until the end of the game, or I'd have been pretty proud right there up front with him!! Regardless....this was a great game. Ryan played all 4 quarters and the improvement he has made is awesome. I give him tons of credit. The only football he ever touched before this was a nerf, or when Evan our good friend would toss the ball around with him. Football has never been watched in our house, as Bill nor I are into sports. I remember Ryan calling "Uncle Al" when he was 4 to find out the rules to basketball that he was watching on TV!! For him to be out there playing and having fun is a great joy to me. I was there through most of the first quarter by myself, and not having anyone to visit with in the stands, and no camera, I really got to watch what was going on. It was neat to see improvement, and a sense of pride in Ryan as he walked off the field...always watching to make sure we were watching. So cool!!





Kristin & Bill arrived, and Kristin shared some of her class, but she wasn't feeling well, as well as Bill, so they headed home at halftime, and left me to play with my camera which they brought from home (I came to the field straight from work). I found that I really need to work on my night pictures as well as the speed with which I am trying to capture. Always has been my week spot in photography. Guess I'm going to learn! It was a great game for Ryan, lots of play time, lots of pictures for Mom, and yes, I held my composure, and even remained seated when he was on the BOTTOM of a huge pile of guys!! The won 66-16.

We headed home, and Kristin & Bill were watching some TV....and Kristin & I chatted about her class. She was feeling better after having eaten, and was a flurry of "we did this, we did that..." She is one of the few with a point & shoot digital, so I think that I may break down, swap out my lens and let her take my SLR camera to class. She has been all over the place the last few weeks, in preparation of class, and after class last night & today, working on some of her pictures. These next three are hers along with the flowers at the top:




It of course has spurred me to shoot with her, so we had fun tonight after work, especially when she came in the house with the biggest chicken egg I have ever seen. WOW...I felt sad for the poor chicken.




Bill of course took my camera, and did a few pictures of his own...some turned out pretty fun...but some were typical Bill. I'll let you decide!!




Last but not least---I am GUILTY by association. Bill got his AARP card, and guess what came with it...one for me!! OK, so they can't know how old I am...they can't even spell my name right.


As the weekend is here...I know we will get some things done around the house, and maybe Kristin & I can take our camera's out and play some more. Look for more pics, coming soon!

No comments: