Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great Day at the Glancy's



What a great day it was! We headed out to our friends the Glancy's on Tuesday afternoon. Kristin was going to get to ride! She was so excited. I thought Ryan might want to ride, but when we got there, he said, no, he wasn't really interested. Janet offered to let me ride...oh my, it's been since our honeymoon almost 22 years ago since I've been on a horse! Before that, it was with girlfriends in college, and prior to that, it was all those 2 week vacations in Ohio, on my Aunt Corysue's horses. What a blast it was for me to get on a horse again. I made sure to make it a short ride...one, because I was yearning to get out of the arena, and run....and second, because I knew how sore I would be today!



Janet offered to let Kristin saddle up and ride--or to do some balance riding/learning.
Kristin chose the learning, and she did really well. Janet helped her walk Moe, and then put her on the horse, with only a blanket saddle (no stirrups, almost bareback) and had her learn to balance. It also got Kristin very comfortable, because she was intent on balance, and getting the feel of a horse, as well as not having to worry about controlling the horse. (Although these were the best behaved horses I've ever been around. Very gentle, answered to every command, and so easy going!). Janet worked with her for 30 minutes or so, and I could see Kristin relaxing as she was on the horse. Next time we'll see what Janet has in store for her.

After we put the horses away, and cleaned up....we had the most incredible dinner. The sun was just setting out the window of their incredibly beautiful home and we enjoyed a wonderful pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots & the most YUMMY biscuits ever! The company, combined with the atmosphere, combined with a great day, and good fellowship, topped the day off. What a blessing.

Thanks Janet & Bob for the blessings you gave us yesterday...fun, food & fellowship.

No comments: