Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Thought it was Spring!

I woke at 5AM, and looked out the window...snow everywhere! It was raining hard when we went to bed. We got over an inch of rain yeseterday, and it turned to snow sometime during the night.

When we got up at 6:30, it had melted off some...but still was on the ground and freezing. I looked out on the porch to check on the dogs (we are watching Jen & Brad's two dogs) and I saw my frog...he looked so cute with the snow all over him and covering most of him except what his umbrella was covering.....
It was a pretty morning, and the dogs had fun playing in it...with the exception of Porter, who said "I've done my stuff..now let me back in the warm house!". We're doing well for having five big dogs in the house. Everyone is well behaved!

As for Bill...he is doing well now that the news is out. He took the lay off from HP very well, and is relying on God to show us the way. In fact, his exact words were "I'm excited to see what God has in store for us." If that's not peace, then I don't know what is. Thankfully, we have the Lord to lean on, and we've been pretty "leaned" this week. Everyone else in the family is doing well too. Ryan has relaxed, and Kristin, as usual, rolls with the punches, and realizes that it's not time to sell everything, and live on the road in the 5th wheel....at least not yet! (She thinks there would be nothing better!) Thanks for all those prayer for peace for us...they are working!

Looking forward to a fun weekend with Jen, Brady, Jason & Brooklyn. Watch for pictures next week!

No comments: