Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Wave Pool Day


We woke today to lots of gloom, very heavy rain, and just one of those "I should crawl back in bed days". Unfortunately, I feel guilty when I do that, as Bill heads off to work. I had lots to do for Joe today anyway, so stoked the fire, put on my slippers, got my coffee and headed to the laptop to get to work. After about 2 hours, Tracey skyped in, and asked what we were doing today..after a few minutes, it was decided that the two of us would take all 7 kids to the water park in Springfield and make a day of it.

The kids worked hard this morning, so that they could have the privledge to go. They both worked on their homework for writing and agreed to double up on school tomorrow for the subjects we didn't get finished before leaving at 11:30.

I managed to get another 2 hours of work done for Joe, a coat of polyurethane on the desk, and a few loads of laundry done before we headed off to meet Tracey & kids.


Cool Rain Mushroom


Kristin on the slide
Ryan on the slide Declan on the slide




We arrived in Springfield about 1:15, and the kids were all in the water by 1:30--having a blast. There was a huge wave pool--and for those of you that have never been in one, it is VERY tiring after awhile with the constant motion. After what was about 2 hours, I went to check the time, to find it had only been 45 minutes!!! Tracey & I looked at each other, and decided that maybe staying 1-5 was not an option.


Of course I forgot my camera...so the cell phone saved the day again!

Tracey and her only legal 6 yr old & under in the kiddy pool!
Oops...14, 10 & 8--hmmmm....6 & under? Just kidding!



Alyona & Kristin in the Wave Pool

The kids went down the big slide a few times, got into the regular swimming pool, and then back to the wave pool. After an hour & a half, the smaller ones were cold (even though the wave pool was around 90 degrees), so they hit the kiddy pool along with Tracey who also appreciated the warm. I hung out with the other kids in the wave pool, and then as Tracey and some of the kids hit the showers to get dressed, I headed to the adult hot tub (no one under 16 allowed) and relaxed for a short time before I hit the showers to get dressed.


Tanya....and Alexis below


We headed out around 4, meeting the guys at Tracey & Sean's for pizza. Everyone was exhausted, but we managed a few games of cribbage....one skunk game for the girls (Yahoo Tracey with a 23 hand!), and two games for the guys...which, I guess, when you get down to it, is really a tie!!! We like the new seating arrangement guys...look out!
We headed home for showers, and to head to bed...been a long day but fun day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can see how blue their lips are in the pictures! Looks like fun for all though!