Thursday, January 10, 2008

Catching Up

The last week has been a whirlwind. We arrived home on Saturday, unloaded the trailer, spent Sunday with Sean & Tracey after church, and then came home to prepare for Monday school. Managed to get some laundry done on Sunday, and then Monday school absorbed most of the day, also busy with kids returning to swim. Monday night we did find time to goof around--as you can see below!

Tuesday, oh my--the piles of stuff to tend to--items we received while on our trip, gifts to put away, more laundry, take the tree down, the list seemed overwhelming. We also resumed home school--
and it seemed everyone forgot all they learned before Christmas, so it was a big review day. Kristin decided it was time to test out her tea set, so she & I had Chai Tea in which I steamed the milk with my new espresso/steamer--it was yummy. Even Daddy had a "cup of tea" with us. I missed the picture with the pinkie raised for tea though!

We quickly got back into the swing of school with the kids and Wednesday went much better. Wednesday was spent in Eugene, catching up at the office for Dr Joe--I think a lot of people thought that the dentist was like the credit card companies, and gave you the month of December off with no payment. I guess it's all job security. We finished at work, ran our errands, met Bill for dinner after his appointment at the dentist, and then made one final stop, and headed for home. We were gone 12 hours....what a long day!



Thursday--we completed school, took down some more of the Christmas decorations, (although my snowmen & village will stay up awhile yet), and did some much needed sweeping, mopping, and general cleaning. Things get dusty, even when you're not home! Declan & Kim came to play today while Tracey had her hair cut, and then she brought the other three girls after school, and Bill & Sean came right from HP as they carpool together. They stopped at Home Depot for some items, and found me a great inflatable snowman clearanced for 7.00!! Sean had previously said he was surprised that with all my snowmen, that I didn't have an inflatable one. Well, now I have an 8 ft tall one, and he's so cool-thanks guys for taking care of me! We all enjoyed supper together, and then Bill & Sean headed to Bible study, but they had the wrong day....so they came home and helped out with a science experiment. It's great to have technician/engineer Daddies for fun projects in science! I'm not sure who had more fun...the guys or the kids! It was a fun day.

No comments: