Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Baby Time!

Sunday morning, we woke the girls by 8AM. Alexis was up on her own, everyone else we had to wake for church. Thankfully, I was up and almost ready, since I spent almost an hour on SIX heads of hair, including my own. I can say, if we had that many girls, they would certainly be on their own hair detail!! It was fun for a morning, and when I finished, and was cleaning up the hair items, only then did I realize, I had my own hair to do yet!! Amazingly enough, we made it to church on time, everyone in shoes, yet while walking into church, the youngest had no socks on. I asked her where her socks were, and she said "You said to put my shoes on!" I apparently didn't say "SHOES & SOCKS!" Oh well, we made it on time, amazing with five girls!

We had a nice service at church, traded kid stuff, said our goodbyes (the kids all wanted to know if we were getting together that night for supper--I guess they haven't had enough of each other!) When Tanya was hugging me goodbye, and telling me she would miss me, I asked her if she knew she would be getting such a large family when she came to America--as it is so nice that the kids are as at home with us, as they are at their own home...as our kids are at their house. What a great feeling and a blessing...as we love those kids just as our own. Tracey and I laughed that maybe we should all just live together!



We then headed home to get the house straightened, have our usual Sunday afternoon nap, and get supper ready for friends. Nate & Katie arrived around 5, we had a nice visit, and I had a good baby fix. It's been weeks since I've had a fix! Nate & Katie headed home around 9:30, since Katie had to work the next morning and Nate was heading to Roseburg to do some "Guy stuff". Around 10:30--Bill thought it would be fun to join Nate for the day, and I thought it would be nice if Audrie didn't have to endure a full day with the guys, so I begged to keep her for the day, and they guys decided it was OK for me to have fun too!

Monday started early with Nate dropping Audrie at 8AM, and picking up Bill. It was a beautiful sunny day, but COLD! It almost reminds me of Michigan, sunny, but 30! The guys were off to do some SERIOUS GUY STUFF--Tractors, trailers, hitches, gas tanks?!! What a full day for those guys.



While the guys were off having fun, and Katie was a work, we watched Sesame Street, and played on the floor. By the time Sesame Street was over, she was exhausted and went down for a nap. We caught up on some things while she was down, and it wasn't long before she was up and ready to play with the kids again. We had lunch, and played until about 1:30 when she was exhausted again. Having two older playmates is hard when you're only 8 months old (almost 9)!

I was blessed with a visit from Tracey today--we sat around and just "chatted" for awhile. It was nice, and another bright spot to my day. What more could a gal ask for??

Audrie woke around 4, and went right back to the Fisher Price barn. The horse is her favorite, and she loves to put him in the loft, right next to her socks that she does not like on her feet! Ryan & Kristin traded off playing with her all day. Sesame Street videos appeared from the depths of the video collection, and I'm not sure which kid liked them more--Audrie, Ryan or Kristin!

Katie & the guys all got back from their days adventures about the same time, so the guys picked up Katie in Brownsville, and headed our way for dinner--picking it up on the way! We enjoyed an evening of visiting and then they headed for home. It wasn't long until the rest of us were in bed!

1 comment:

The O'Haras said...

The pictures of Ryan and Audrie are so precious.

Thanks again for doing five girls hair on Sunday morning! I am amazed at your willingness to love the kids and do special things for them!

We are blessed to have you in our lives.

God Bless.