Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Aftermath

 My feet in the Sea of Galilee

 My heart is full...but my heart still hurts...I've been home 5 weeks now, and my head is still so full of my 16 days across the world. I still have not fully downloaded.  I reflect every day about a day or two of my trip.  Israel w incredible for what I learned, where I walked, what I saw, how I felt.  I'm not sure I can even full describe the way I felt there.  It was different traveling without my family, there was so much I wanted to share with them, so much we could have learned together and I missed them terribly.  But there was some good about traveling alone....it was just me, no one to be responsible for, no one to worry over and I had so much time to reflect with God about where I was, where he had been, where he walked, what he saw, and it was so real.  The bible came to life.  I will never read my bible the same.  I was there...where it was written, where it happened and it was so easy to picture the scene at each place we visited.  While I thought I would be afraid there, and while there was evidence of war in so many places, and IDF everywhere, there was a peace about that place, or maybe it was a gift from God for me while I was there, but I would not be afraid to go back, in facy, I pray that Bill & I can go there someday together to share that experience.  
 
Sea of Galilee at the Church of the Beatitudes
Baptism At the Jordan River

My feet in the Mediterranean Sea
 
Herrods Aquaducts and a beautiful Israel Sunset
 
Off to Uganda.....Another time, another place....
My experience in Uganda is why my heart is full, and why at the same time, my heart hurts.  I learned that it would be so easy for me to live there. 

 I loved the weather, I love the terrain, but most of all, I loved the people.  There is no TV, there are no computers, no music, except that which is played by people, or an occasional AM battery radio around, but it's a simple place~~ a place where there isn't time to be too busy, too distracted, or too involved to miss things.  It's where you spend time with the Lord, time with people, and time with yourself.  I have never felt the peace I felt while there.  I never felt the genuine love from people I hardly knew, like I did while I was there--and the friendships made while there will be forever in my heart, and I know that someday God will take me back there. I wish I'd had the opportunity to go before I had a family, so that I could spend a year there, soaking it all in.  Odd from a gal who never even wanted to fly, and was content traveling the US by truck and travel trailer!!  God pushed me to the max, and I am forever grateful for it.  

I realized as I went through 19,715 pictures from our trip (not all mine, but from 6 of us!), I knew there was no way I could share enough pictures or write enough to cover 16 days!  There is almost no way I can even share with my own family all I did and experienced.  It was a trip at Mach5 in Israel, and the total opposite in Uganda....and my heart is full, my heart hurts, but my heart is blessed. I will  never be the same.

Just a few pictures of my trip..some of the highlights.  I hope you all were able to see the posts I put on www.lccevents.blogspot.com as there are many pictures there!
 



 
 The video is choppy, but I hope that you can get an idea.  Doesn't look like the sound uploaded.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are urgently in need of k1dnney D0n0rs with the sum of $450,000.00 USD,If anyone is willing to d0nate,Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@ gmail.com WhatsApp +91 779-583-3215