Monday, May 7, 2012

Last Few Days

As I started this post, I almost called it a quiet few days...however, the more I thought about this post, the less quiet it seemed!!  Monday, I came home from work sick with earache.  Tuesday was the same, and Wednesday, although I felt better, my equilibrium was WAY off.  No driving for this girl!  A double dose of sudafed, and an allergy pill, and I was on the road to recovery!  I returned to work on Thursday.  Friday, Kristin was to have a girl sleepover, since Bill was gone for the weekend, but she came down sick as well.  Unfortunately, we had to cancel the girl weekend, and revamp our plans.

Bill left about 4:00,and headed off to pick up his riders.  He ended up taking a full suburban full of guys to the mens retreat for church.  I arrived home about 6, had some errands to run with Ryan & Hunter who was hanging with us for the weekend, and then home to start stripping wallpaper in the kids bathroom.  Time for the tropical fishies to leave.  Margaret and I were trying to remember when we did that wallpaper job, and we remembered that I was pregnant with Kristin...so, I'd say almost 14 years is good enough!!  So much for "strippable" wall paper --by 12:30, I finished the one full wall, and still had 3 walls of border to go.   Never again...no more wallpaper...ever!  Kristin helped on Saturday.  As I stripped and did an initial wash of glue, she came behind and did the bleach wash, including the entire wall to the floor.  We finished about 4ish, and I was whipped!!  I took a 30 minute nap, showered, and the kids & I ran into Albany to pick up paint  & supplies and get a quick bite to eat.  As much as I missed Bill...it was kind of fun to spend some time with the kids.

Sunday brought Bill home, and we met up at church.  It was neat to see all the guys so energized.  They left the retreat early to come and set up for church.  There was certainly an air about the place...of peace, of energy, of God, filling up those guys and recharging their batteries.

After church, we headed home for a quick lunch, and a trip to the Sweet Home Theater, to see the AVENGERS!!  It was an awesome movie, and me not being a super hero fan, did really enjoy it!  A trip to Salem to take Brandon (a friend that Bill picked up to take to the retreat) home, and then home to bed!!


Monday starts off early for me, leaving at 5am.  Bill called my about 8am, stating the driveway guy had shown up.  We didn't expect him until late this week, or even next week.  Surprise!!  Our permit for the new drive off the road has not been granted yet, but he had plenty to do with putting a new drive and a parking pad to the barn.  Now, what to do with all the dirt he had to dig out?  OH, yes, we will slope our hill better.  NOW we can cut it with the mower!! YAHOO!  I will say when it's grown in, it will look very nice.  All that new dirt, and I did lose the grape vines, but he was able to go around the lilac bush...hooray!






No comments: