Friday, February 11, 2011

Bittersweet?

Today was a bittersweet day. It started off normal, heading to work, getting lots done before everyone showed up at 8:00---and by 10:00 am I was ready for my break, to walk with my good friend Katie. Not only are we walking a mile in less than 15 minutes, we get to visit too. It's a win, win thing!! We headed out, and not even one full lap around the building (which is 1/4 mile), I twisted my ankle, and down I went....VERY hard, right on my knee. After getting over the "Why am I on the ground" feeling, and the dizzy nausea that took over because of the pain, I had Katie help me back into the building, and proceeded to do a damage check. After sitting a few minutes, I headed to the bathroom, yep, skinned knee....thankful I was in jeans (we can wear them on Friday), and not in dress pants that would have been ripped. I bandaged up, and the girls in the office fixed me up with ice. After about 20 minutes, my adrenalin was slowing down, and the pain began, along with the throbbing. I wasn't sure which hurt more, my knee or my ankle. So, at the encouragement of my coworkers, I headed off to urgent care, praising God that I now had insurance! Needless to say, after an exam, x-rays and a few ace bandages, I was on my way home to ice and elevate. The doc told me that since nothing was broken, and only muscles in my foot were pulled and my knee very banged up, he suggested some weight on it tomorrow, but light walking for the next few days. No power walking! I'm hoping an easy weekend will have me back walking by Monday.


The reason it was so bittersweet today, was while I was out walking/falling...this following article was published at work via email. When I came into my office, everyone was chatting about it....and I was a mess having just fallen. Talk about a crushed ego!! The nurse told me today, he could fix my knee with bandaides and an ace, but the pride was all in my department! I just think this was one more way of God showing me how I need to be more humble. Here's the article....,



ROCKING AROUND THE

BLOCK

OCCU Beat Reporter, Ima

Gettinfit, caught up with Shawnna Richards on a stroll

around the Corporate Office Campus. Ima noticed Shawnna making her tour a couple of times a day and thought she would inquire:

Shawnna says that she began walking in an attempt to lose weight after her husband approached her with concerns for her health. She started hitting the sidewalks during her breaks and at lunch, and when Weight Watchers came to the Credit Union and PacificSource started offering a reimbursement for attending meetings, she signed up. She believes that the primary reason for losing over 30 pounds in four months is the fact that she joined this support group and was held accountable! She encourages others to do the same.

When Shawnna isn’t at work she spends time with her husband, of more than 20 years, and her two teenage children. She stays busy tending to her countryside property, her pets, and just trying to be outdoors as much as possible. She hopes to double her weight loss by the end of Spring, for the Summer Season!

Way to set an example Shawnna!

Written by: Ima Gettinfit (aka Josh Masterson)

1 comment:

Sonya Badgley said...

Oh Shawnna! I'm so sorry to hear you got hurt! I'm praying that God will heal you right up! Congratulations on the write up! Way to go!
Blessings,
Sonya