Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010




The last few days have been full of giggling silly kids, as well as a husband who has spent some time right in there having fun with them. It's been tough getting up and going to work this week while everyone is on Christmas break having fun.

Bill & kids went shopping this last week to finish up some last minute items and get some things done around the house. It seemed it was a hat Christmas. Ryan bought himself a hat as well as Bill. Of course it only got sillier as the night went on....




Christmas Eve started off with a great ride to work with my good friend Katie. Being we work different hours, we can't ride together, but shorter hours on Christmas Eve permits us one ride a year to work together! The hour drive seemed like minutes while we caught up on the ride in. A short day at work, and then home early to finish up a few things, get a nap, and head to Christmas Eve Service.

Christmas Eve Service at Creekside has been great the last two years. While it's usually Silent Night that sends tears down my face, I was totally taken off guard while Pastor Tom was reading the Christmas Story. He related how Christ was born in a barn...among all the other sacrifices. Sheep, Cattle...what a lump I got in my throat, and my eyes filled up to spilling within seconds. It was a beautifully simple service, and I am ever so grateful for our Calvary family. It is always nice to slow down, and spend some time remembering the real reason for CHRISTmas.

After the services, we drove around to look at some Christmas lights, and then home to get settled and head to bed. It is the first time in the last 15 years that we have been to bed before Midnight! We also slept until 7:30 before Kristin was meandering through the hallway. I knew our kids were growing when they said "Mom & Dad, we want you to open your gifts to each other first". I quickly found their motive, when I opened up a beautiful new lens for my camera. Oh man was I happy!

We continued opening, and Kristin got her boots, and her comforter, as well as a manicure set and a foot bath, and a hat from her brother.


We surprised Ryan with all the accessories for the guitar he's been saving for.



Bill got the tabletop popcorn popper he's been looking at for awhile,as well as the family got a nice amish popper from my parents.After all was said and done, we had some happy kids. We watched a movie, had our traditional cinnamon rolls, and then we took a break to clean up and get dinner in the oven. Ryan went upstairs, and it appeared that Santa left his guitar in his room!!


For those of you that don't know, Ryan has been saving for his guitar since before his birthday. Many of you sent him checks for his birthday, and his dream is now complete. We kicked the rest in as his Christmas present, and got a great deal on the coast for the package set.



We got dinner in the oven, and Bill & I settled in for our Christmas nap! We woke to the wonderful smell of ham and cream cheese potatoes!

After a great dinner, Bill & I headed out to the trailer to take inventory for our upcoming trip. The kids & I are so excited to get out camping again....as school & full time work, have kept us home. June was our last trip out....and we are so anxious!

The rest of the evening has found Kristin painting with her new watercolor set, Ryan & Bill both reading (Ryan got the last three books in his favorite series), and I've had a blast with my new lens today, putting pictures online and blogging. I hope you enjoy the pictures! I've also shared my special gift from Kristin below the slide show.





1 comment:

Brooke said...

I saw you shooting with your new lens today. What did you get? So fun to have new lenses. It's amazing the differences in all the lenses.