Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween 2010

Yes, it's not quite Halloween yet....but for those in business in small towns that are not open on Sunday, and/or those businesses that are not in operation on Sunday...Friday is the day to celebrate, and have some fun.The morning started off kind of "Punky"....Kristin had to give me the final approval before heading out the door. Being that I work in collections...our department was the Delinquent Loan Committee" and we had shirts made, and did wild things to our hair. Needless to say...this is the outcome for me!!
The Credit Union that I work for goes all out...check out some of the pictures. It's a lot of fun, and its a day where all from every department pulls together.


Around 2:30, Kristin called. She was bummed because I was not there to help her with her Halloween Costume. Down Town Sweet Home does some great things for the kids for Halloween...making a safe environment for the kids to trick or treat. Ryan was taking her downtown, but she was feeling low. I guess after 11 years of having me home, it was a big change for her. She was feeling low and said " I just really miss you at times like this---and you have to be at your silly job". Long story short...I felt bummed. My friend and coworker Connie said "You should go...we're slow, we're covered, and it would be fun to be there". SO, I called my friend Dana, who was bringing a friend to my work so I could bring her to tonight's party...and we met early, and we were headed home after my gracious boss let me loose early.

We arrived in town just in enough time to catch up with Ryan & Kristin...who were just coming out of Key bank. The lady asked her what she was...and she said "A collector!" The lady said "A candy collector"...and Kristin (I can see her rolling her eyes, thinking a bank of all places should know what a COLLECTOR is!) said, NO, a money collector! Not sure too many kids dress up as a collector...but I can say I was proud!





We got about an hour or so of trick or treating in...and it was time to head home for Kristin's Birthday Slumber Party....9 girls and lots of giggling. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night!!

No comments: