Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend & the First Day of School

It was a busy Labor Day weekend! On Saturday, we did sleep in and enjoyed some coffee before Bill headed to the church property to cut the grass. Kristin & I headed off to Katie's baby shower (Allie is due in 3 weeks), and then all joined up home for supper.
On Sunday, we headed to church...great bbq afterward, and then headed to Sisters. We enjoyed a beautiful fall like day, and then hit Jennifer's Gallery before heading home. Kristin had a picture she had painted that she wanted to give Jennifer....it was a great day!

Monday, we were up early, chatting & having coffee...then heading out to get the trailer ready to head to the Tilfords for 'hotel accommodations' for the wedding this next weekend. Our Oldest Pseudo Son Robert is getting married on Saturday. After cleaning out & delivering the trailer, we headed to Walmart to do needed shopping for the week, and then home to get ready for work & school the next morning. Wow...did I say 'get ready for school'? That always meant "Jammies & workbooks"!
Wow...I can only say this............I am SO thankful I didn't have to put Ryan on a bus at age 5! I was a wreck yesterday, and he is almost 15! Actually, I wasn't a wreck, but I did think of him most of the day yesterday! He was great...got up himself, packed his lunch, got himself out the door very early to the bus stop, and the same was true today. Not that I didn't have faith that he couldn't do it, but being he has never had to get up for school....I was very impressed. Kristin rushed down the steps after he left, sad that she didn't get to tell him goodbye, and said she was "worried"...I told her to say a prayer...she said she did, and she was so worried, she went back to bed!!

Ryan had a great first day at school..and an even better second day. He loves his teachers (so far!) and bragged about having a 4.0 today! One of his teachers wrote his home # on the board, and said "If you need help...call me...not at 10:30, but call me. I do have enough friends though, so please keep it to homework and don't call to 'visit'". He also said "I am always happy to help you one on one....but only if you shower, and brush your teeth" So funny!! All in all, its been a great experience for Ryan, and I've been a good Mom and let him do "his thing". I want to say "Did you brush your teeth?" Take a shower? Put on your deodorant? Put on clean undies? But I've refrained! He's done great the first few days...which are always the toughest. Now, to get into the books. I have no worries..he's a good student, and always does a great job.

This weekend brings Jen & Brady down for a visit. Rehearsal on Friday night, Robert & Lindsay's Wedding, Brandon's 3rd birthday party, church on Sunday, and, well, I think that's a pretty full weekend!

Stay tuned....weddings & birthday parties...you know there will be more pictures soo
n!

No comments: