Saturday, December 12, 2009

Freaky Friday



Wow...what a weird day!

The day actually started off pretty normal. I headed to work, Bill took the kids Christmas shopping in Eugene, and dropped Kristin off at a friends for a sleep over, and then met me for dinner at one of our favorite places. It was starting to get icy, but we, being Michiganders, we're too concerned, so ate, then made a quick stop at the pet shop nearby to get some supplies. Being we had two vehicles, we parked side by side, under a big security light, one row from the door. I left my purse in the car being that Bill was running in with me, and we would only be "A Minute". Well, a minute was all it took for someone to smash out the rear door window and take my purse off the seat.

When I realized what happened, I grabbed Bill's wallet, and started canceling our cards, starting with our Debit card, and checking account, that had our full house payment waiting to be deducted. Thankfully, we got that taken care of in enough time, and they only got a few minor charges, a tank of gas, McDonalds, and a convenience store purchase.

On Saturday, I was feeling pretty down...but then got a phone call from a young man in Eugene, who said he found my wallet. No purse, but just my wallet. My drivers license, social security card, and what seemed to be all my cards were still in it. He offered to meet me somewhere, but I got a bit nervous, and being we have friends who are police officers in Eugene, I called our good friend Nate, and asked him about it. He offered to get it when he went in to work....yahoo!!

Not 10 minutes later, the phone rang again, this time a woman. She asked me if I'd lost my purse and blue coat. Oh goodness, I didn't even realized they had my coat! It seems the rest of the purse is intact, and she said it would be safe in their back room until we can get there to get it! There are still some great people in this world! The young man that found my wallet....dropped it off to the store that had my purse, and Nate will pick it up for me tomorrow to save a trip to Eugene....and I can get it on Tuesday from Katie...who I work with. God is so good!

No comments: